This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to in such terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, and applies to all of your personal data irrespective of the medium or method by which we obtained/received your personal data.
In this policy, the term “personal data” means data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data, or from the data in conjunction with other information, that is in, or is likely to come into, our possession, and includes personal data as described in data protection legislation (as defined below).
What information do we collect?
We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with the website, and we endeavour to guarantee to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. Also, we only collect and use individual user details where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (“DPC”).
We will handle your personal data in accordance with data protection legislation. “Data protection legislation” means the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and Directive 95/46/EC, and any other applicable law or regulation relating to the processing of personal data and to privacy (including the E-Privacy Directive), as such legislation shall be amended, revised or replaced from time to time, including by operation of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) (and laws implementing or supplementing the GDPR).
We only collect and use individual user details where we are legally entitled and/or required to do so under the Tourist Traffic Acts 1939 to 2016 and data protection legislation. Where you have provided your consent to our collection and use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw such consent by notice to us.
Surfdock may collect various types of personal information, including:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect personal data
We and our service providers may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
From you or someone acting on your behalf:We may collect personal information you or someone acting on your behalf shares with us such as your name and contact details.
Offline: We may collect personal information you provide to us offline, such as when you make a booking, place a verbal order over the phone, or contact customer services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental consent. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. If you are under 13 then we will need consent from your parent/guardian before you can use some of our services.
If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18 without parental permission, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will investigate and address the issue promptly.
How do we collect information from you?
We and our third-party service providers may collect and automatically process this information in a variety of ways, including:
When registering with us,you will be asked whether or not you consent to us sending you electronic communications/direct marketing. If you provide your email address and consent for email marketing, some information is collected about when/if the email was opened and what links were clicked. This information is used to assess the engagement and success of an email campaign.
Through your browser or device:most browsers and landing pages collect certain information automatically, for example, type and version of operating system, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, and the name.
We use this information, for example, to make sure that the Surfdock Marketing Ltd services function properly, analyse the performance of our products, and to improve and maintain the services.
IP address: IP addresses are automatically transmitted as part of any internet communication, and collecting IP addresses is a common practice.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use personal information:
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive e-newsletters or similar correspondence and updates from us if you have agreed to in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on our website or by email. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive e-newsletters.
- To carry out any legal obligations arising from your interaction with the website, and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to process your payments, complete your order, communicate with you regarding your purchase, provide you with related customer service
- Perform other activities consistent with this policy. Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you and get your consent first. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this policy.
Security – How we protect your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What rights do you have?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- the right of access to personal data relating to you.
- the right to correct any mistakes in your personal data.
- the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing.
- rights in relation to automated decision taking.
- the right to restrict or prevent your personal data being processed.
- the right to have your personal data ported to another data controller.
- the right to erasure.
- the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner if you believe we have not handled your personal data in accordance with the data protection legislation.
If any change may materially and negatively affect the privacy of your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes.
How to contact us
The data controller (as defined in data protection legislation) for the website and services provided through the website is Surfdock Marketing Ltd, South Dock Road, Grand Canal Dockyard, Ringsend, Dublin 4. We have appointed a data protection officer in accordance with data protection legislation.
Unsubscribing from electronic communications can be achieved by pressing the ‘unsubscribe’ or similar button on any electronic communication received.
If you need to contact us with regard to any of your rights as set out in this policy, all such requests should be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org