Are you a watersports instructor and looking to work In a busy watersports centre in Dublin this season?
Surfdock Watersports was established in the Grand Canal Dock in 1991, starting out as a windsurf school and shop.
Today we are Dublin’s No 1 watersports shop and school offering a unique combination of activities with a shop for all the equipment to go with it.
We teach paddleboarding, kayaking and windsurfing for beginners here in the Grand Canal Dock and offer intermediate paddleboarding classes and trips in and around Dublin as well as intermediate windsurfing in the Malahide Estuary.
Our group sessions are popular for kids birthday parties, corporate events and hen/stag dos from April to October and our busiest time of the year are the summer holidays when we run Dublin’s most exciting summer camp for children and youth from 8 to 16 years. With an opportunity to try everything from kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, paddleboarding and ringo rides, we had more than 700 participants in 2017.
We are looking for watersports instructors to become part of our team during the 2018 Spring/Summer season and beyond. We are hiring a number of instructors for two different positions:
- Part time instructor from April/May 2018 until the end of the season for school tours, birthday parties, corporate groups, hen/stag parties (has to be available to work evenings and weekends throughout the summer)
- Full time instructor for our summer camp for children aged 8-16 years from 5th June until 24th August
- Freelance instructors for sessions all season
Along with an enthusiasm to teach, applicants should have:
- Instructor qualification in one or more of the sports we teach: stand up paddleboarding, kayaking, sailing and windsurfing
- First Aid Qualification
- Power Boat Certificate is an advantage
- Safeguarding 1
- Interest and previous experience in working with children, especially when applying for the summer camp positions
- Previous experience instructing large groups in watersports is a bonus
- Good knowledge of games / fun activities in the watersport you teach
Along with a competitive salary you will
- have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in a busy watersports centre and thanks to the variety of our offering, you will have the chance to get an insight into instructing a number of watersports to a diverse range of age groups and skill levels
- be part of a team of instructors that are there to support each other and work together to guarantee an excellent customer experience
- get discounts on the brands we sell in our watersports shop for the duration of your employment
All details about what types of sessions we run can be found on our website www.no79design.com/surfdock2018
If you are interested in working with us, please email your CV to Ruta at firstname.lastname@example.org/surfdock2018 until 31st March 2018 mentioning whether you are applying for a part-time or full-time position or would like to work freelance for us and including your availability. All applicants will be garda vetted in order to work with us.